Thursday, April 7, 2011

Daybook

I am *stealing* this idea from the amazing Supermon Alysha.  I'm not a single mom, but I thought it would be fun to do it just the same!  Don't they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

outside my window...

Its gray, gloomy and rainy here today.  We don't normally have this kind of weather.  Its usually very sunny.  Even when it snows its not unusual to have the sun shinning.  We have something like 200+ days of sunshine each year.  I love it.  Today is actually day two of the gloom and grey...and I am totally over it!  I want the sun to come back out.  I would rather a cold wintery day, as long as its sunny.  I guess I shouldn't ever move to Seattle!

i am thinking...

that I have a million things I could be doing at home right now.  I really need to skip going to the gym tonight so I can do a little *catch up* at the homestead.

i am thankful for...

great friends.  It goes without saying that I am thankful for my family too.  But today I am really thankful for special friendships.  One relationship in general that makes me smile.  A friendship with a person that I would not normally connect with, a bond that is uncharacteristic for both of us...but so cherished.  True friends come into your life when you need them most.  You may find a close bond with somebody you would least expect.  Allow it to grow and flourish...you never know where it will take you.

i am learning...

how to navigate as a seudo single mom.  Daddy switched shifts at work recently and is now working the 4pm-midnight shift, Sunday - Thursday.  That means our world has totally shifted and we are trying to get used to the new schedule.  Its weird to not have dinner as a family, its weird to go to bed alone knowing he isn't even in the house.  Hopefully its not very long term, but it did result in a nice promotion at work and a nice pay increase.  For that reason, its good for our family for now.  Mini-me gets to hang out with him in the mornings...she loves it!  They go in late to work/school every morning, they lay around in their jammies watching cartoons.  Then I pick her up, have dinner with her, take her to the gym to play and keep her up later than normal at the pool most nights...hoping she will sleep in so Daddy gets some sleep!  Sounds perfect from a three year olds perspective!

i am wearing...

work clothes.  Nothing spectacular...not necessarily my favorite outfit in my closet but one I pulled out for this gloomy day!  I have grey/black checked pants and a teal blue knit top with a crisp white collared blouse under it.  Black simple heels and some silver jewelry complete the look!

i am creating...

nothing at the moment.  That seems so bland, doesn't it.  I usually love to create.  I love crafts, projects, photography.  I just haven't been very inspired lately.  Not to mention, I haven't had much time lately.  Sometimes being a mom, wife, employee, sister, daughter and friend leaves very little time to be creative! 

i am going...

to be very busy this weekend.  I have my regular standing commitments of gymnastics class for the munchkin Saturday morning, gym classes both Saturday & Sunday and hanging out at the pool with mini-me and friends on Saturday afternoon.  Add to that the typical weekend chores of cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping...plus a birthday party for a 1 yr old Saturday evening and a trip to the zoo Sunday afternoon.  I am exhausted just thinking about it.  Somehow I have to find some time to tag clothing for a consignment sale too.

i am reading...

occasionally, though not as much as I would like.  I have a kindle that I love.  I carry it with me everywhere, though I am not finding much time to pull it out and read it.  I enjoy reading on my lunch break but haven't done that at all this week so far.  Maybe today!  I would love to read at night, but by the time I sit down I am too tired to try to read!  But when I do get time to read, I have been reading The Stuff That Never Happened by Maddie Dawson.  So far I am really liking it.

i am hoping...

to lose some weight soon.  I have been working out hard lately with no results and its frustrating.  In December I started exercising...after almost 4 years of no exercising at all other than chasing a toddler.  I started on the elliptical in the basement.  Admittidly, it was the holiday season so I wasn't really watching what I was eating at all.  Then in January I made a commitment to run my first 10K on Memorial Day with a friend.  I bought a used treadmill and started training.  Remember, I have not exercised in years and I am now running.  I was starting to pay attention to my food intact too.  Still no weight loss.  In February I finally started getting strict with my food.  No eating out, no fast food, no soda, seriously cutting my portions and calories.  Still no weight loss.  In March we joined a fancy schmancy gym.  I started going daily, doing cardio for an hour and adding strength training some days.  I added fitness classes to break up the boring treadmill runs.  I also started religiously tracking my calories...still no weight loss.  I keep losing and gaining the same 5lbs.  I'm starting to get frustrated...but I am going to keep plugging away.  Eventually my body has got to stop fighting me, right? 

i am hearing...

some groovy music on my mp3 player.  I love music.  I listen to it all the time, no matter what I am doing.  

around the house...

there are a few piles of dirty laundry, probably some dishes sitting by the sink from this morning and dust everywhere!  There is never enough time to get it all done!  However, one thing I know for sure.  It will always be there waiting for me when I am ready to tackle it!

one of my favorite things...

is running actually.  I have never been a runner.  Never thought I would be a runner.  I started in January on a whim...a challenge from a friend.  She and I were at basically the same fitness level (nonexistant) and weight.  I said what the heck, I'll try it.  I have literally ran with it!  I love the feeling I get after a good run.  I love cranking up my music and having some alone time to pound the treadmill.  I haven't actually ran outside yet, but thats coming soon with the spring weather finally arriving!  Ironically, I don't know if I will make the 10K.  I am struggling with shin-splints and she may have to work that weekend.  We are both determined to run though, and are talking about picking a different race a little later in the summer.  Hopefully that will give me a little bit more time to work thru the shin-splints and training. 

a few plans for the week...

just the same ole same ole this week.  Work all day, gym in the evenings, sleep and start back over again.  The weekend is shaping up to be pretty busy but I already went over that!  Just plugging away, looking forward to warmer weather, flipflops and green grass!

a picture...


I love taking pictures but for some reason I haven't picked up my camera since January.  I need to fix that, and fast!  For now, here is a picture taken on my phone last week of mini-me at the indoor pool.  She loves it there!

No comments:

Post a Comment