Friday, April 8, 2011

Five Questions Friday






1. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

Right now...my weight.  But I am already working on changing that!  Oh and maybe the length of my hair.  Its shorter than I would like and taking forever to grow out!  Both of those are pretty short term *issues* that should be *fixed* soon though! 

2. Write about a time when you got lost.

Well I wasn't necessarily lost...but its a funny story.  Back when I was in the military, nearing the end of my enlistment, I decided to get a part time job as a waitress.  The plan was for me to go to school during the day and waitress at night once I was discharged from the air force.  I had an interview set up at a new Applebee's that had just opened.  I raced across town to get there in time.  I was clearly too rushed, not paying attention at all.  I parked and walked in.  I asked for the guy I was meeting with, and got puzzled looks.  The hostess went and got the manager, who promtly interviewed me and then told me I was at The Black-eyed Pea not Applebee's but I could start the next day if I wanted too!  Yeah...I went to the wrong place!  I didn't realize there were two brand new restaurant right next to each other.  I drove and parked and walked into the closest one...the wrong one!

3. Camping or 5 star hotel?

Honestly...neither!  We aren't campers nor are we 5 star hotel people.  We fit somewhere in the middle.  I like to camp, I used to do it all the time as a kid.  However, my husband has never camped before and has no interest in trying it!  He might be willing to stay in a cabin that is fully equiped, but no way could I get him in a tent.  Lets face it, a cabin just isn't the same as camping!

4. Have you donated blood?

Tons of times.  Not recently, I am afraid...but I used to all the time.  I think the last time I did was when Morgan was just over a year old (almost 3 years ago - shame on me!)

5. Do you have a budget or do you 'fly by' most months?

A little bit of both.  We don't have a strict budget, but if we were to just "fly by" I am certain we would spend way more than we realized.  Being that I am an accountant...I like to know where my money is at all times.  I used to reconcile our accounts daily, but now that I have a kid...that is not happening!  I do it weekly though!  I keep a pretty close eye on what we are spending, but I am not too tight about it.

Make sure you stop by Mama M's blog for more!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Val! Glad to see you are writing more frequently. Oh, and I added that Google Friend Finder thingy to my blog (hint, hint)...

    ReplyDelete