Saturday, July 3, 2010

Refinance your mortgage

I haven't talked about any deals in a while.  I guess thats because I haven't really seen any that I wanted to take part in lately! 

This isn't really a deal...but I still want to mention it!

If you haven't refinanced in a while, you might want to look into it now!  Rates are at record lows.  You could save quite a bit of money each month (depending on your current rate)

I highly recommend you at least look into it.  Check out your current mortgage to see what your rate is.  Check out rates in your area or online to see what you could potentially lock in. 

Experts say you should consider it if the rate is at least 3/4% lower.  Though I don't think I would bother unless it was a full percentage point lower. 

Ours is currently 6.125% on the 1st mortgage and slightly higher on the 2nd (we have an 80/20 loan).  We locked in this week at 4.75%!  We are going to save just over $350 a month!!! 

Totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment