Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Kids Names

This is my first time participating in Kelly's Show Us Your Life series.  If you want to join in, stop by her blog and check it out!

I am sure when I was younger I had names picked out for my future child(ren), but I don't remember any of them!  However, when my husband and I started dating in 1993, for some reason we talked about baby names from time to time.  It seems strange to me now, considering I was only 17!  What in the world were we thinking, talking about names then?!

Morgan Hope

Anyway, we both agreed pretty quickly that we loved the name Morgan.  I vaguely remember it had something to do with the movie Excalibur and the character named Morgana.  We both loved that movie.  Thats another funny thing...I don't like midevil type movies, but for some reason I love that one.  Strange! 

So for as long as I can remember we have been set on having a daughter named Morgan.  We never really talked about a middle name.  Once we found out we were expecting, we decided to keep the gender a surprise till delivery.  As we poured through baby name books we held strong with our love of the name Morgan for a little girl and tentatively decided Elizabeth sounded nice as a middle name. 

Three days before I was induced we decided that Hope would be the middle name if the baby was a girl.  We had such a long journey to having a child, Hope was perfect.

Connor Jack

For some reason we never liked the name Morgan for a boy, only a girl.  Early on we thought we would name a son Patrick.  One reason behind that name was that we met at Patrick AFB, in Florida...so it was very fitting!  Another is that our last name is very irish, and we wanted a strong irish name for a child.  Patrick screams irish!  However, A few years before we were finally expecting our first child, my husband's cousin had a son that he named Patrick.  So we had to go back to the drawing board. 

Boy names were tough for us.  We finally agreed on Connor near the end of the pregnancy, and picked Jack as the middle name after my husband's father.  It wasn't really a name we were in love with, but it would have worked. 

-----------------------

Obviously we were blessed with a baby girl!  Sometime after we had her, we picked the name Ella Grace for a second daughter.  At this point it does not look like we will be able to use it, but I still love it! 

2 comments:

  1. I too love Ella Grace...

    also Love Morgan Hope (I wanted to name my 1st born Morgan and my name is HOpe)

    ReplyDelete