Saturday, May 8, 2010

Getting to Know You


Sunday, already?!  Wow, that week went by fast! (actually I am cheating and doing this a day early!)

I hope everybody is having a wonderful Mother's Day!

If you want to join in...check out Keely's blog for more info!

1. What has been your most memorable Mother's Day? (with your mom, as a mom, or with your wife)

One that will always be remembered happened twenty years ago.  It was the last Mothers Day I spent with my mom, I believe I was 13.  She picked up and left the very next day.  Of course, I saw her again...and still do!  I just have never had the opportunity to spend a Mothers Day with her since. 

This is only my third year celebrating Mothers Day myself.  I think the most memorable so far has been the first one.  We went out to breakfast, waited an hour for a table (learned that its not very wise to go out for breakfast on M-D!) then went to Lowe's and bought flowers, then went home and planted them.  Just a nice quiet, enjoyable day!

2. Have you ever been pulled over for speeding and were you able to talk your way out of it?

Yes!  Back when I was in the Air Force I was working mid-shifts and was running late to work.  I got pulled over of course!  The cop saw I was in uniform and was pretty cool about it.  He took a little bit of time sitting in his car but then came back and said I'll let you off as long as you tell your commander why you were late!  I didn't get into trouble once I get there either!

3. What's the oldest thing you have hanging in your closet?

Well its not actually hanging in my closet, but I have a skirt folded in my dresser that I wore on our first date...August 28, 2003!  Its a size 7...I may never fit it again.  Its a denim wrap miniskirt...I may never want to wear it again!

4. Do you whiten your teeth?

I have in the past.  I am guessing I won't be able to anymore once the permanent crown is put on my front tooth next week.  Whatever color it is, is what it stays.  Unless I need to color the surrounding teeth to match it one day!

5. Underwear or Panties..What do you call your "unmentionables"?

I call them panties or undies. 

6. If you could go on vacation right now..today..where would you go?

Somewhere warm!  Maybe Florida or an island somewhere!
7. Do you get offended when people cuss on their blogs?

No...but I don't offend easily!

8. If you had to give up one luxury item, it would be....?

uhm...gosh...this is hard.  I guess cable.  I could go without cable if I had to.  Just don't take away my laptop, internet or digital camera!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Love all your answers! Hope you have a great Mothers Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..SO many peeps would get rid of cable!!

    Me included!!

    Good answers Mommy Salami! :-)

    Have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete