Thursday, March 13, 2014

I am cleared...

I got the news today...I am medically cleared to donate bone marrow! 


It is a tight schedule till my donation.  I pretty much just have to wait for that day to arrive, and stay healthy in the meantime.  During this time the recipient is being notified that there is a donor and then he/she will start the process to prepare his/her body for the transplant.


I am overwhelmed knowing that a family somewhere in this country is being presented with the news that a donor has been found.  They are being presented with hope.  They are thinking about me, grateful for the news and praying for me.  The only word I can find to describe it is overwhelming. 


The recipient needs your prayers.  Please pray that the patient is able to receive the transplant and that the transplant is successful.  Pray for the patient and his/her family, pray that they are granted many more years of health and happiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment