Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Shooting Fireworks


I found this great article about shooting fireworks and thought I would try it out on the 4th of July.  What I had not planned was the rain and hail that would accompany us during our firework viewing!  Lets just say a football field, four adults (1 that happens to be 8 months pregnant!) two 3 yr olds, hail, rain, mud & lightening...don't lead to the best photography environment!  The tripod did not even make it out of the car!  In fact, I barely pulled the camera out from under the blanket during the show....I didn't want it ruined from all the rain!

Anyway, I still had fun attempting to shoot fireworks.  A few shots turned out okay.  I think I might try again soon.  We happen to live a couple blocks from a minor leaque baseball team.  They shoot fireworks every Friday that they have a home game, during the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment