Friday, June 18, 2010

Five Questions Friday

I love Fridays!  I am so ready for the weekend...but its shaping up to a busy one! What about you?




1. What is your favorite thing about summertime?

I feel like I have answered this question alot lately!  Well lets see, some other things I love about summer...sweet tea, lemonade, ice cream, grilled pineapple, sprinklers, the zoo, walks in the evening after dinner...

2. What is your ideal retirement location (if money didn't matter)?

Florida.  No question about it.  I grew up in Florida and hope to go back one day.  It might not happen for many years, but one of these days I will be back!

3. Do you live in the same town you grew up in?

Nope.  I lived in Indiana for the first 12 years of my life, then we moved to Florida.  Even though I only lived there till I was 18, I still call Florida home.  I guess thats because I love it there, and because I have so many more fun memories there.  Anyway, when I turned 18 I joined the Air Force and was transfered to Colorado...where I still am...15 years later! 
4. What nervous habit did you have as a child that you kicked to the curb before becoming an adult?

I can't think of anything actually.

5. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you while on the job?
 
So this story is kinda funny!  When I was in the military I decided I needed a part time job.  My plan once I got out of the military was to continue working where ever I found a part time job and then go to college.  That didn't happen, but that has nothing to do with this story!  Anyway, I got an interview at a new Applebee's that had just opened.  I raced to my interview straight from work.  I was a bit nervous and in a hurry...so I did not pay attention.  I pulled up to the building and walked it without noticing the sign out front.  I asked for the manager by name.  They looked a little puzzled but went and got a manager.  He then came out and got me and said I must be at the wrong place, but he was more than happy to interview me.  I ended up walking out of there with a new job...waitress at The Black-eyed Pea!  Whoops!  I didn't realize there were two new restaurants in that location.  I pulled up to the first one I saw, which turned out to be the wrong one!!!
 
Happy Friday!
 
If you want to play along...stop over at Mama M.'s blog!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm.. Grilled pineapple. Grilled ANYTHING for that matter! That's one of my favorite parts of summer, too- pulling the grill out to cook on almost every day!

    ReplyDelete