Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 1: Who Am I

I need to blog more.  I want to blog more.

This morning in my google reader feed I read a post from somebody joining in on the "52 Weeks of Blogging with a Purpose" idea that Mrs. to Mama is doing.  Something clicked.  I instantly thought, wow maybe this is what I need to do to revive my blogging. 

When Morgan was born I was blogging like crazy.  For the first 4 years I have awesome records of her life at www.missmorganhope.blogspot.com.  Its an awesome "baby book" of memories that I hope to one day print out into books.  After a while I decided I wanted somewhere to write about my life, the life that existed and still exists outside of Morgan, who is my world!  So I started this blog.  I had all sorts of ideas for it, and I still often think "oh wow, I should blog about that"...but it never happens!  For whatever reason, I all but abandoned this blog...and hers for that matter.  I even let the domain expire. 

So this morning, after reading that post...I renewed my domain!  I'm going to try to refresh my blog look in the next few weeks and try to post weekly.  Maybe blogging with a purpose will revive my blogging all together!

So anyway...the topic for Week 1 is "Who Am I"


I am so many things. 

I am a mom.  I am a working mom.  I am a wife.  I am a friend.  I am a sister.  I am a daughter.  I am a runner.  I am a photographer.  I am a Daisy/Girl Scout leader.  I am on the PTO.  I am in college.  I am a reader.  I am a sun worshiper.  I am a Veteran.  I am Catholic, but haven't been to church in many years.  I work out every morning.  I don't sleep enough.  I am a thrify bargain shopper.  I live in Colorado but my heart is in Florida!  I love being outside.  I love wearing flipflops.  I do not love the cold or the snow.  I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.  I will be celebrating my 20th anniversary next year.  2014 will also be my 20th high school reunion. 

I am sure there are lots of other ways to describe me...

I guess the role I consider most important is the role of mom.  All others come second at this stage of my life.  But all of the roles are connected and all are important. 

Morgan has pretty much rocked my world since the day I found out I was pregnant with her!  That little girl is my world.  She has changed me for the better and she amazes me every single day!  We struggled to get pregnant, and we prayed so hard for that little girl.  Even with all my hopes and prayers, she is so much more than I ever thought I deserved or wanted.

So there you have it...that's the shortened, condensed version of me!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to read more, Valerie! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too don't know what I want to be when I grow up! It is great to find someone who doesn't know either. Found you through Becky's link-up. Good luck getting back into blogging... I hope you will be ready for Monday's post :)

    From Mrs. to Mom

    ReplyDelete