Tuesday, June 25, 2013

ten on tuesday

1.  Remember yesterday when I said that I love flipflops and I have them on any chance I can get.  Yep...I proved that this morning.  Just as I pulled into the parking lot at work I realized I had flipflops on.  I freaking forgot to change my shoes before I left the house.  Normally I start my day at the gym so that never would have happened, but last night we let Morgan have a sleepover in her playhouse with the girls that live next door...so I was all sorts of out of whack.  I got dressed and ready before they woke up, so I slipped on my flipflops to make a few trips back and forth in the yard serving donuts and milk.  Problem is, I never slipped them back off.  I got the girls situated and off I went out the door! 

2.  Kohls does not have a good selection of plain black flats, or many choices in the "I'm in a pinch, I need cheap shoes" range.  I should have gone to Payless instead!  But I am now sporting a new pair of black flats.

3.  A bit of advice for those of you with kids.  Don't get suckered into having a sleepover during the week.  We slept all night just fine, never heard a peep from the girls...but the morning was craziness!  They had fun though, and that's all that matters! 

4.  I am seriously slacking on my school work.  I am currently working on my MBA from Western Governors University.  I tore through the first 2 classes like nobody's business.  Now I am working on the third, and well...lets just say that using the word "working" was a bit of an exaggeration.  I don't know if its because I am already losing motivation, or if its because the summer is just too busy to throw in online classes on top of the mix. 

5.  This year for Morgan's 6th birthday, we decided to really rock her world and get her a playhouse.  I shopped around for them for quite a while and couldn't find exactly what I wanted in my price range.  Most things were so small, I knew she would grow out of them way too fast.  The big ones that I loved were way out of my price range.  So I kept brainstorming...until I finally scored the most adorable little mansion of a playhouse!  I found it on craigslist.  A nice older couple had it in their backyard for their grandkids.  They had it 7 years and it was in top notch condition.  Their grandkids are teens now and have no interest in it, so they decided it was time to sell it.  Lucky me...I jumped on it!  I bought it for close to the price of those small playhouses,  paid a fraction of what it was new...and it will last her for many years.  Heck I even think it might be fun for a young teenager to hang out in! 

 
6.  I loved the baby and toddler years with Morgan, and I miss them dearly. But this age is pretty darn fun too!  It makes me wish I had summer break! 
 
7.  The fires in Colorado are out of control this year.  We had one practically in our backyard two weeks ago and there are more burning all over the state.  Most nights the smoke is so thick, it smells like a campfire.  It makes my eyes burn and I have had more headaches in the past two weeks than I have the rest of the year.  As much as I love summer, we need a seriously snowy winter next year and we need rain starting now. 
 
8.  I have a constant "To Do" list running in my head.  It seems like just as I cross something off the list, I end up adding three more things.  There is not enough time in the day!
 
9.  Do you ever notice that sometimes you open your mouth and your mom or dad comes out!  I swore I wasn't going to be like them, and I think for the most part I am not...but sometimes I say things that sound just like them!  :)
 
10.  I need a good book to read this weekend at the pool.  We have skipped the pool for two weekends in a row...one because of the fires and air quality and one because we had to put that massive mansion playhouse together!  I will be at the pool this weekend, and that's all there is to it! 
 
Have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment