Thursday, November 18, 2010

A gift for a party

I figured out why parents tend to take their kids shopping for a friend's birthday gift on the way to the birthday party.  I used to wonder about that one.  I could never image myself doing that because I am pretty much a Type A, Anal Retentive person.  There is no way I could run by the seat of my pants and get gifts at the last minute.

Well, it turns out that little kids can't keep secrets.  It doesn't matter how many times you explain it.  Nor does it matter how many times the little one swears he/she will keep it a secret.  The next time they see the friend in question, they will spill the beans on the gift in 3.2 seconds. 

It looks like we will join the masses and become last minute shoppers too.

Now if only I could figure out how to get her to pick out a gift that the friend likes, and not something that she wants for herself.  Her little friend loves Tinkerbell...is obsessed with Tinkerbell in fact.  Morgan feels pretty much the same about Princess Belle.  I bet you can't guess what gift we purchased....

A Princess Belle doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment