Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Little Luxuries

I was reading an article lately about life's little luxuries, so I got to thinking about my own personal luxuries.  I am a fairly frugal person.  I don't think I have a lot of luxuries, but there are a few!

Eating Out - Eating out is definetly a luxury that I partake in, probably more often than I should.  In some ways I see it more as a necessity though.  Working full time outside of the house can be stressful, not to mention exhausting.  Sometimes the absolute last thing I want to do when I get home is to cook.  Sure I could save a lot more if we didn't eat out, but sometimes my sanity is worth more!  Don't worry, we don't eat out every night!

TV - I wouldn't say TV in itself is a luxury, however we have DVR and the NFL Sunday Ticket program.  Both of those are definetly a luxury that we could don't necessarily need.  We justify it because we don't have a babysitter.  Nowdays our entertainment happens at home more often than not.  Instead of a regular movie out, we spend a little more on our TV bill!  The other thing, we like an NFL team that is rarely shown on our local channels.  In order to watch them play, we have to sign up for the special programming.  Its a lot cheaper than having season tickets to the local football team though!

Massages - For our 15th anniversary my husband gave me a membership to Massage Envy so that I could spend a little bit more time relaxing and pampering myself.  I love getting the massages, but I tend to forget about them way too often.  Its hard to find the time to schedule an appointment.  At least I know I have a few massages saved up in my account and can use them when I really need them!  I think I might schedule one for this weekend, in fact!  I don't know that I will renew my membership, but its a nice little luxury to have for now!

Dream Dinners - A couple times a year I treat myself to a session at Dream Dinners.  Its not exactly the most frugal thing to do, but its not so outrageously priced that I can't justify it occasionally.  I love spending an hour or two of uninterrupted time preparing the meals.  More than that, I love knowing I have meals in the freezer that are super easy to fix after work.  Most of them are delicious too!  I know I could duplicate the effort at home for a lot less money, but there isn't anybody to follow me around cleaning up after me!

What are your little luxuries? 

No comments:

Post a Comment