Friday, July 16, 2010

Five Question Friday




1. Do you collect anything?

If you went to my home, you might say I collect dust! 

Seriously though, I have gone in phases where I have collected things, but I don't really collect anything currently.  In my teen years, when I was newly married and a new homeowner I somehow started collecting sunflower stuff.  I made the mistake of decorating my kitchen in sunflowers (in the 90s), which led my mother and mother-in-law to buy me anything and everything they saw that had a sunflower on it!  I learned quickly to never have another theme in my home again!  Now I decorate with color, but no set theme!

I also collected those Christmas village/houses for a while in the 90s.  I liked them and bought one or two as I saw them on clearance.  Typically I only picked the ones I really loved.  My mom got wind of that...now I have more in my basement than I could ever find room for in my house!  I haven't even pulled them out at Christmas time in years!

2. Name 3 celebrities that you find good looking.

Hummm...there are quite a few that fit in this category.  Just off the top of my head, in no particular order:

- Andy Garcia
- Kenny Chesney (as long as his hat is on!!)
- Tom Cruise (just because he is odd, doesn't mean he isn't good looking!)
3. Do you have any scars? If so, what's the story behind it (them?)?

I do indeed! 

I have a burn mark on the inner side of my right ankle from getting off my dad's motorcycle on the wrong side when I was 10 or 11 - Ouch!

I have a scar on my forehead that required stitches from a car accident when I was two years old.

I have a scar on the inner/upper left arm from having Norplant back in the 90s.

Plus a few miscellaneous scars from the dog, cat and just plain clumsiness!
4. What is a food that you like to eat, but others might think it's gross or weird?

Ha ha!  My husband calls this my "white trash" food!  I have quite a few that fit into this category in his mind!  I don't find them all that strange though!  Lets see: Olive loaf & cheese sandwich (yum!), mac n cheese w/hot dogs cut up in it, tuna noodle casserole (tuna helper of course!), or and vienna sausages! 

For the record, I can't remember the last time I had any of those...they were staples when we were newlyweds though (again, back in the 90s)!  Well staples for me, not so much for him!!
5. Have you ever seen a tornado in real life?
 
Not that I remember, though my mom tells a different story!  I guess when I was young, we were inside the Kmart (on 3rd Street - thats for Megan!) and a tornado went right past the building.  Of course, that was many years ago...and I am not sure how well my mom remembers it!  Her stories seem to take on a life of their own after 30 years!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about sunflower stuff - there's something so annoying about just owning a lot of one particular thing, so then everybody you know starts buying you a ton of it and you can't escape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through a sunflower phase as a teen, too. Olive loaf? I always wondered who was brave enough to touch that stuff!

    ReplyDelete