Sunday, May 16, 2010

Getting to Know You




If you want to join in...check out Keely's blog for more info!

1. The most expensive thing hanging in my closet is.....?

ow that is a good question.  I have no idea.  I am pretty cheap frugal when it comes to shopping.  I don't know that there is anything of value hanging in there!  If you asked about my husbands closet that would be easy, hands down its one of his suits.  If you asked back when I was in the military, it would have been my uniform easily.  Oh wait a minute...there might be an old formal gown hanging in the guest closet from a Christmas party long ago...might have cost $100 or so.

2. Have you ever played a team sport?

Nope...other than in gym class!  I was in marching band, thats a "team" but I don't think marching counts as a sport!

3. If you were a bug, what kind would you be?

Well gee, I have never thought about being a bug before...let me think.  Uhm, I guess I would be a lightening bug.  Harmless, fun and cute!  Though it would suck dying in a glass jar on some kids nightstand!

4. Where on your body is the worst place to get sunburned? 

The butt...seriously, the first time it ever sees daylight (tanning bed) isn't a good time to burn it to a crisp!  When I was 18, my first time in a tanning bed, the guy told me 20 minutes for the first time would be fine.  He was 100% wrong!  My bum stung like you would not believe!  I think I even missed a day of school because I couldn't sit down comfortably!

5. Are you happy?

why yes...yes I am!

6. People are always abbreviating..are there any abbreviations that make your skin crawl when people use them?

I don't really care for people writing Xmas instead of Christmas.  I don't know, something about it irks me I guess. 

7. Do you love where you live..or could you live anywhere?

Love where I live...well I enjoy Colorado alot.  I really love it in the summer time, we have little to no humidity and fabulous temps.  The winters are a different story though.  I find myself disliking them more and more each year.  I am not a fan of snow, or cold really.  We don't get alot of snow where I live, but we get enough.  The cold is what drives me nuts though.  Its May 15th and its still cold here.  We have had a few days of 70 degree weather, but by in large its still cold.  Today it was in the 50s and rainy.  Most of the US is a good 2 months ahead of us when it comes to cutting the grass and leaves on trees.  I think as I get older I enjoy where I live less and less.  I used to think this was where we would stay, now I am not so sure.  I dream of returning to sunny Florida some day.   

8. What, if any, extreme measures do you go to to keep yourself from overeating when you're full?

I don't.  There aren't too many times a year that I do overeat when I am full...pretty much just around the holidays.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm your first commentor and your newest follower from the Getting to know you blog hop. I'd love Colorado too if I lived there - winters and all. Unlike you, I love the snow. Smile.

    Hope you come visit my blog and return the follow. It's good to make new blogger friends.

    http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your link from Mannland! Had to stop by cause I loved the clever name of your blog - very cute.

    It was great getting to know you a little bit. Look forward to more! =]

    ReplyDelete