Friday, April 16, 2010

Baby clothes are taking over!

Why is it that an infant/toddler girl accumulates so much clothing?  Its incredible!  We were Team Green when I was pregnant, so we didn't have alot of clothing when we started out.  The minute she was born, the packages started arriving.  I swear we had a box on our doorstep every single day for a month...and they were all full of little pink outfits.  From that moment on we had obscene amounts of clothes in her closet.  We have been busting at the seams.  Picture our house as a sock drawer that is overflowing!

Of course we held on to all those adorable tiny clothes, in case another baby arrived.  We kept shoving them into huge Rubbermaid containers in the basement...before long we had nine...yes nine.  That doesn't count the clothes we have piled on top of the old diaper changing table in her old room.  I tell ya, we have clothes everywhere!  Oh and blankets, and bibs, and socks, and shoes...

So we finally tackled the project of getting rid of all the baby stuff.  Last fall I started with the big items.  I sold them one by one on Craigslist.  Then I spent time over the past month labeling, sorting and hanging as many spring/summer items as I could.  I ended up taking 200 items to the big JBF Sale this weekend.  The sale opened yesterday afternoon with a presale for the consigners and volunteers.  The first official sales day was today.  A few minutes ago they uploaded the sales from both days into the taging system.  I am thrilled to report I have already sold 50 items for a total of $185.50!!  Of that, I get 65% of the sales, less an $11 consigner fee.  So far so good!  There are still 2 more sales days left.  Heres hoping there is very little left for me to pick up on Saturday night!!

Of course, the 200 items I brought to the sale are just a drop in the bucket with all the clothes we have.  It looks like I will be holding my first ever garage sale in a few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I really wish I had the energy to get all my daughter's old clothes together for JBF. A ton of them were only worn one time or not at all. I wish I could say they've gone to Goodwill because I'm such a good samaritan, but it's actually just because I'm lazy.

    ReplyDelete